Policy key definitions:
- "I", "our", "us", or "we" refer to the business, Merry Dogs.
- "you", "the user" refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- ICO means Information Commissioners Office
- Cookies mean small files stored on a users computer or device.
Processing of Your Personal Data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and process any personal information you provide to us electronically using the following lawful basis. Unless otherwise defined, we only process your personal data for accounts & records, advertising, marketing and PR purposes.
Contact us via the contact form. We use the consent lawful basis under the GDPR for the processing of your information. Your information will be used to reply to your request/message. We collect the following information from you.
- Your name
- Your email address
- Telephone number
If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
We do not collect any sensitive data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, genetic and biometric data, criminal convictions and offences.
Disclosures Of Your Personal Data
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Hosting and email platform providers.
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers.
- Government bodies that require us to report processing activities.
- Third parties to whom we sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets.
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Your Individual Rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in details here:
- the right to be informed
- the right of access
- the right to rectification
- the right to erasure
- the right to restrict processing
- the right to data portability
- the right to object and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data. We would ask you to contact us in the first instance if there is an issue to give us an opportunity to rectify it. You can email us at email@example.com.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
- DYNSRV – used for load balancing to manage server traffic demand.
Data Security and Protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.